Better commercial processes and transformational future business visibility? Really?!
Modular Suite...Saphran’s modular suite forms a closed-loop commercial system for manufacturers that creates aligned and lean commercial processes for winning business, while also yielding detailed rolling financial and operational forecasts. See Best Practice Analytics.
...Solves Big Data ChallengeSaphran solves a Big Data challenge which clouds future business visibility for most manufacturers. We arm manufacturers in any OEM supply chain with a rolling sales forecast, and then add their critical engineering and manufacturing bill-of-material (BOM) data from ERP system(s), and their new business quotes.
...Accelerating Commercial PerformanceCommercial teams enjoy faster, more accurate response times to customers, along with easy inclusion of future business opportunities into forecasts.
...Yielding Transformational AnalyticsFinance, Operations and Purchasing and Sales enjoy future business visibility not previously available to them, which enables them find more ways to drive down costs, grow sales and ensure you exceed target margin. Link to Best Practice Analytics.
Saphran’s modular approach can focus specifically on the commercial processes that challenge you most first…
- Data Integration
The forecast that’s always on…
Leverage powerful forecast functionality to answer your critical questions
|“What if…?”||Saphran scenarios functionality let’s you model alternative market conditions including OEM volumes, currency exchange rates, input material costs, etc.|
|“How am I doing versus plan?”||Archiving functionality let’s you compare current forecasts to previous versions at any time|
|“Why is my forecast changing?”||Saphran’s tools help you isolate the causal factors that are changing your outlook|
|“Finance plan needs to match Sales plan!”||ConnectBase connects with ERP to incorporate ship history and current customer orders, producing a clear true “composite source” rolling forecast|
|“This product…that plant…this customer?”||Your rolling forecast quickly delivers the analytics you need in the many various ways you need view the business|
Easier to have a rolling the forecast when it is connected with your everyday commercial processes…
Intuitive interface for the commercial team to identify and follow their business enables the forecast to “roll,” including:
- Opportunity identification and tracking
- Connecting to 3rd party OEM product demand sources (IHS Markit, LMC, Power Systems Research, other)
- Entry of customer demand forecasts and/or leverage recent ship history and pricing for demand planning
- Kick-off new business quote process, or design-change evaluations for current products (see QuoteBase)
- Loss/competitive assignment for market share tracking
- Pricing and complex contract administration
- Mass Edit/Mass Load – Intuitive Excel UI connected to your database for wider data edit administration or offline entry/adjustment
Each new quote represents the financial future of your business…so why would you build it in Excel?
|Fast response to customer||An intuitive user interface, coupled with a powerful workflow and messaging engine speeds the costing process. Ready analytics always let you know where quotes are in progress.|
|Output into customer quote formats||Output your quotes directly into configured client quote formats. Commercial teams won’t get bogged down reentering data into a wide variety of customer quote submission docs.|
|Connected to real costs||Costing of opportunities happens fast as your BOM content selections for materials, components and processes are tied to real-time cost tables that populate with the latest data.|
|Lifecycle margin reporting||The “future BOMs” created in costing/quoting process are connected to changes in your master cost tables for materials, components and mfg assets…updating resulting margins across your quoted and awarded status business|
|“Future BOMs” content forecast||Your “future BOMs” developed via costing/quoting content your forecast, giving you the ability to forecast margins, capacity utilization, material spend and more (see best-practice forecast analytics)|
Response to the customer is faster and costing is more accurate with Saphran’s functionality…
Intuitive interface for all users in the costing and quoting processes to focus and contribute in a timely manner,” including:
- Identify opportunity, then configure quote team workflow by role and/or create templated quote response teams for ease of use with certain product types, customers, etc. Kick-off new business quote process, or design-change evaluations for current products System messaging notifies users when inputs/approvals/reviews are required and/or when aging. Constant quote throughput analytics show where quotes are in process.
- Role-based user configured homepages and task dashboards focuses each contributor on his/her tasks (typically design engineering, mfg/industrial engineering, purchasing, tooling, packaging, finance, sales). Multiple roles can be assigned to single user as needed.
- Ability to host and maintain supporting master cost tables for materials, components, manufacturing assets, burden/labor, etc. …or integrate to other primary sources for master cost data
- Configured financial reporting in pricing/markup stage let’s you evaluate for each opportunity whether you’re meeting financial goals for margin, EBIT, NPV, etc.
- Converts finished work from your internal pricing/markup configurator into any of your customer quote formatted documents/forms for submission
- Tracks lifecycle margin of quoted and awarded business as master input costs and pricing change over time
- Accommodate indexing and/or forecasted futures prices of critical input materials and commodity components from either 3rd party forecasts (like IHS Pricing/Purchasing Service) or your own indexes
“A rolling sales forecast is nice, but a Margin, Capacity Utilization, Material Consumption forecast is transformational!”
Data integration that ties essential financial and operational detail to your forecast (Your ERP and PLM data are officially invited to the forecast party!) Saphran’s ConnectBase allows you to align forecasted parts with additional data on those parts in ERP and PLM/PDM systems. Saphran’s integration toolset can also connect with CRM and your business intelligence reporting tools.
Saphran clients gain tremendous value from data integration such as:
|The “composite forecast”||Unlocks/automates the rolling forecast that Finance has so much trouble building and sharing with Sales. ConnectBase combines the 3 critical “composite” inputs of ship history, near-term customer orders (EDI) from your ERP with the future sales forecast into typical the 12—24 month rolling plan. Sales and Finance can finally agree on the plan…and Operations reduces plant inventory costs.|
|Production-status BOMs content your forecast||ConnectBase aligns and connects the forecast of your finished products with the eBOM and mBOM data of those products stored in your ERP. Combined with the future eBOM and mBOM data from your awarded-status and quoted-status products, this integration helps you paint a transformational financial and operational forecast that is best-practice among manufacturers.|
|BOMs from newly awarded business content your PLM/PDM system||Your costing process during your commercial quotation effort is the first iteration of your product’s Bill-of-Materials. When you leverage Saphran for your costing/quoting process the BOMs from your recently awarded new business and design changes automatically content your rolling forecast and sync into your PLM/PDM.|
|Maximize value of your current enterprise software||Saphran is a perfect compliment to your ERP, PLM, and CRM for your forecasting and planning needs. Saphran’s product suite "closes the loop" for many business processes, adding even more value to commercial business applications.|
Decision support with the ability to see your future
Dynamic Reporting and Analytics from your rolling forecast
When your forecast is updated every day, your whole enterprise leverages and relies upon it
Saphran clients gain tremendous value from a variety of reporting solutions and support including:
|IntelligenceBase||Putting the power of Excel Pivot analysis on top of your daily-refreshed forecast database.|
|MSFT PowerBI…or your BI tools||Leverage powerful business intelligence capabilities by connecting your BI tools to the IntelligenceBase datawarehouse, or leverage Saphran’s ready-to-go MSFT Power BI configuration for a fast and powerful start. Create and deploy the dashboards to enable critical decision support for the functions throughout your enterprise.|
|Native Report Writer||The native report writer arms you with your choice of fields, filters and forecast outputs. Migrate your report results into Excel, or leave activatable report links for your colleagues to leverage. This tool is great for extracting flatter data reports in the formats that you desire.|
|Saphran Analytics University||Saphran Analytics University strives to provide innovative and impactful forecast analysis for Saphran clients. Saphran and its user community regularly share best practice analytics they leverage to solve big enterprise challenges. Forums include user meetings, annual user seminars and pairing like, non-competitive clients one-on-one.|